Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Light and fluffy

as I avoid folding that washing for just a bit longer!

Firstly, a link to Mel's blog where she is doing a series of Hooray for Holidays posts - HOORAY which has some great activities if your kids are starting to drive you nuts.  I just send mine outside and tell them to occupy themselves at the sandpit or something, but then, I'm a mean and neglectful mum.

Onto some light and fluffy, a collection of ideas I've gathered up recently for that "one day" when I get around to doing something creative.

577733552D91172D4a2b2D8a742D9fe0de9faf7eDSC5F6415Cute and simple, could work equally as well in a girlish colour way.  and I love how unfinished edges are cool and trendy now!

il_570xN_196541010This is a needle book!  a few felt hearts sewn back to back, with a bit of pretty on the front, and with an eyelet or grommet in the corner, held together with a jump ring. Now considering its a fairly major search and rescue event around here should I ever need a needle to sew on a button or, heaven forbid, need to hand mend something, this is probably something I should DO.  And go and buy a fresh packet of needles to install in it. 

Then I would probably have trouble finding the thread....oh well

photos 247I love this quilt idea too - you know how I love the strippy quilts, well add a ruffle and call me pretty!  But considering I still have that unwrapped roll of fabric strips still sitting quietly beside my sewing machine....best not start another project like this yet (OR I could scrounge up some matching fabric and do some ruffles as well!)

felt_tree   I'm into cute felt projects right now - and doesn't this tree fall under that category? not sure what purpose it would have if I made it though, and really, a project does have to have a purpose!

now, speaking of pillows (I wasn't actually, but anyhow) I was shopping for a nice little pillow to throw on our bed, to finish if off nicely. and match my new lovely green patterned doona cover.  And also, a pillow for the husband throw on the floor every night and grumble about. you know the sort!  however, I refuse to pay at least $40 for something that really has no practical purpose, so have resolved to make it myself. One day! ;-)  along these lines:

ruffledpillow

 2288430

probably more like the first than the second, loose ruffles or something, no finished edges (the $60 one that I saw in the shop - but wasn't sneaky enough to take a photo of, although I shoulda on my phone and pretended I was texting - had the raw edged look).  I've got some cotton calico/canvas stuff stuffed in a plastic box somewhere that will be perfect. one day, one day....

anyhow, best get to that washing, apparently no one has knickers or pyjamas left.  Well, its all clean, its just they've forgotten how to look in that big walk in and find it wardrobe in the laundry! ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Love the cushion, quilt and the tree .... also love the pillows - both textures/patterns! Snorting at the hubby comment about the 'useless' pillows - ahhh, they are all the same!

    Hey, what choice was made regarding the new chairs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have the same issues in this house trying to find a needle!
    Used more for retrieving splinters than mending, but where do they all go???
    Nice relief from the floods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, splinter removal here too, but I tend to use whatever nearest sharp impliment ie good strong pin!(have some MIL's special s/steel quilting pins, make excellent prickle diggers)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, splinter removal here too, but I tend to use whatever nearest sharp impliment ie good strong pin!(have some MIL's special s/steel quilting pins, make excellent prickle diggers)

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...