Thursday, May 24, 2012

don't look too close

I've been sewing. My mum professed a need for a new table runner, as the one currently on her very large silky oak dining table was covered in a lovely Christmas tree pattern. So I went home and whipped one up.

The top came together so easily, I started to get an idea that I wouldn't mind making one of these for myself.

Then came the binding, and whether it be my sewing machine or more likely, my dodgy sewing skills, I suddenly changed my mind. Anyhow, it is done and will look lovely on that big table, as long as one doesn't get too up close and personal with the wretched binding.

IMG_3783It certainly is bright, but its a big table and so the "white space" all around will quieten it down. (I hope!)

IMG_3785  And I think I am SO clever. Mitred corners are not something that I have ever been able to understand (I know what they are just struggle with the HOW they happen part) and rather than waiting for someone to come along and show me, I came up with a solution. Rounded corners. They work just as well in sewing as scrapbooking ;-)

If I did it again, I think I would have three wider strips instead of just two, but that's just me being nit picky.

IMG_3782Hope she likes it.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, the Goldie sure has sights a man my age shouldn't really see, but it's good to get back to the real news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great job you have done Sharon! In am very impressed with your mad sewing skillz!

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...