Monday, November 30, 2009

Preoccupied

Yes I am still here, and no I haven't posted in a few days, have I?

I've been preoccupied - that cold I was whining about morphed into a sinus/ear infection that joined forces with or was heavily influenced by that nasty tooth I have been nursing for awhile.

It is highly probable that a doctors visit should have been involved, but wasn't, but I tell you what IS.  A visit to the dentisit tomorrow.  I am actually looking forward to it - that should indicate how bad things have gotten!  And the share price in Nurofen should drop dramatically after that visit - well I hope!

I've also been busy setting up for and cleaning up after our end of year school party and concert.  The kids are still at school this week (last day Friday) but it suited to have it on Friday night.

The kids did a little play based around Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes (how I love that book!) and Red Riding Hood.  I can't remember how the story went in  the book, but the kids version had Red Riding Hood wearing a Wolf Skin cape AND toting a pig skin carrying case in the end.  It was HILARIOUS!

Here's a sample of the show:


The three little pigs, obviously! Toby took his role very seriously!


Three fairies.  Now I don't think there were fairies in the original version :-)  but I think some literary adaptation was applied to suit the number of kids at the school (count 'em - NINE) and the ages of the children (there were five in prep & year one, so that restricts the roles somewhat!)

I was videographer, so I hope I managed to capture most of the scenes; my friend Mel took these photos for me.

Anyhow, best go and get the girlies from school right now, Georgie is excited that she has been allowed to spend this last week at school in preparation for full time prep next year!

1 comment:

  1. glad you're not lost :)
    teeth...YUCK...I have to make an appointment for the removal of 2 old fillings to repair the teeth that have split through the middle...humph..wouldn't it just be easier to not have teeth and just drink soup forever !!!

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...