Thursday, June 10, 2010

Slighty Panicked

My PC appears to have died.  I am hoping that its a problem with the ON button (been having issues with turning on for awhile) except this afternoon it turned itself OFF all by itself. Just stopped.

So, dear internet.  Do you know if I can plug my laptop into the PC (without it running) and access files?  Sort of like an external hard drive?

I did back up a few weeks ago, but don't really want to loose the past couple of weeks worth of work and photos. (I will be talking and visiting tech person, but as its a two hour drive, wont be seeing him until I get organised enough to get it to him).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,

    When my old laptop died a couple of years ago they were able to salvage the hard drive and they put it into an external hard drive body. I didn't lose anything of any importance (except emails I think) and I can still access all the data from that drive on my new Macbook.

    You should be OK if you have a good tech and providing it is purely a hardware problem (which it sounds like it is).

    Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. my advice: BUY A MAC. For simple, virus free, crash free etc computing! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...