My version of Ten on Tuesday because, well, I had nothing to say much on Tuesday.
1. We had a family day out today: some time swimming at the creek crossing causeway (the aborted plans for last weekend!) smoko alfresco, some time at Grandma's place, and then a quiet evening in with baked beans on toast for tea, and half an hour of an old Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck Merrie Melodies dvd before bedtime for the kids, while the rain fell on the roof. And still drizzles as I type. Perfect evening at home! ;-)
2. Love the smell of rain on the spinifex. I can't explain it, but its up there (in front even) of freshly baked bread and baby-powered (johnson and johnson of course!) clean babies.
3. Still in the same vein of topic: I have wet sheets on the clothes line. sigh.
4. I love this revisted project from Ali E and really should get out
of my rut off my butt and do this myself. I don't have a medium sized butterfly punch, but do have a butterfly die that I use in my cuttlebug...but what a way to enable the purchase of a new and suitable butterfly or star or heart punch!
I the family might just get myself me one of these for Mothers Day:
I found these on my favourite handcraft Australian website madeit.com.au, when perusing their weekly email. Lots of different styles - similar to the American based ones that I;ve seen everywhere.
6. I really need to get myself motivated to join some form of Weight Watchers. I need to loose some weight, but oh, its hard work! AND I don't like being hungry (hungry/low blood sugar = VERY GRUMPY) and I don't like to excercise just for the sake of it - going for a walk/ride for a purpose - to fill the water trough or wear the kids out - has a purpose! ;-) Basically, I am a couch potato. Why can't they just invent a pill that magically speeds up ones metabolism and removes fat rolls?
7.Why are they showing double episodes of Grey's Anatomy? I mean, great! twice the enjoyment on a Tuesday night....but boy its making me tired! Especially with my other favourite, Brothers and Sisters, on late the night before! Oh, the problems I have!
and 8. is a bonus as I just thought of something else trivial. My favourite author at the moment: Marian Keyes - and my favourite book of hers - This Charming Man. Definately "chick lit" but very funny, light reading (that I could.not.put.down! and will re-read one day) but with a whole serious underlying topic. All with a wonderful Irish accent throughout - you'll find yourself thinking in Irish ;-) but perhaps that's just me! But anyhow, in the words of Molly Meldrum "do yourself a favour" and get your hands on a copy!