Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Randomness

More bits and pieces of flotsam today... my husband decided to do a quick (8 hour round trip!) trip to the city yesterday to get urgent parts for his work toyota. If you live in Queensland, you would be aware of the flooding that is occuring in the north at the moment.... well, he nearly made it home! He got to one creek on the western highway last night and it was 0.6, and decided not to cross (duh); this morning it was 1.4 metres!
So he headed back to the Towers, and is staying with friends. They decided to go and look at the Burdekin Bridge on the road to Townsville. Its a bit damp there!

There is a bridge about 5 metres under that water (where the trees end), and there's about 30 metres of river below that. A-maz-ing.

Anyhow, with luck he "might" get home tomorrow, providing it doesn't rain too much again - lucky he doesn't have to cross the river above!

While he's been away, I've been doing some bookwork....and much procrastinating and having quick forays into the internet. Look at what I found!

This tall cube bookcase on sale at Target! Its exactly what I want for the girls room to round up their stuff, but it won't fit in the allocated space. I checked. I need one that is only two rows wide. Mind you, it would also be wonderful in the office, or the lounge room...or for my scrapping space. Which is in the office, but then that would mean I would need two! Someone enable me please?!

And then there was this little bit of whimsy...

I reckon that even I could make this, even with my limited sewing skills and enthusiam. I think its meant to be valentines decor, but would be a great baby's mobile or for a girls room.

And then there's this clever button necklace. I've also seen wonderful, more modern, button rings (some with hat elastic as the ring, others fancier, glued onto a one-size-fits-all silver ring) Oh, the fun one could have with this! If only I lived close to Spotlight and could duck in and pick up some supplies!

Anyhow, I hope I might have something of my own crafting to share with you one day soon, but until then, back to the bookwork. Its proving a little tricky, seeing as Trevor has the cheque book - lucky I am sooo efficient and keep good records. Ahem.

Oh, and by the way, YVONNE, you are allowed to comment (so are the rest of you!) Its nice to know that I am not talking to myself... you don't have to ALL of the time, but occasionally, that would be really wonderful, and would make me feel and warm and fuzzy.

Awaiting your considered and thought provoking comments with bated breath!

2 comments:

  1. My daughter really wants to make one of those button necklaces, so cute...good find.
    That amount of water is quite astonishing, we would like just a bit of it down here in Melb.Please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you are hard at work... I was thinking that you were slaving away in the office with no chance of a break! By the way I was wondering if you could give me some idea as to what that big orange ball thing is up in the sky... we haven't seen it for a while.
    Are you happy now!!

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...