Sunday, June 5, 2011

A little story to tell

As I was reading Amy's story telling Sunday post today, I recalled a recent conversation between my boy and his dad.

It was bed time, and as usual The Husband was reading a story in bed to Angus (every night he fluffs around finding a "long book" for his dad to read - please note mum reading is not acceptable) which was about farms or tractors or something. They talked a bit about tractors and loaders, and The Husband mentioned driving our own very large wheeled loader, which has been parked beside the shed for quite some time. Like a long time.

Angus paused, looked at his dad with shining eyes, and said in amazement, "Dad, does it GO?"

To put in context, the apple didn't fall too far from the tree with this kid. Wheels and engines and motors: love, just like his dad.

The Husband replied to Angus, that indeed, the loader did go.

"Dad, do you think you could show me how it goes?!" in a hopeful little voice. His dad told him that, yes, he would give him a ride in the loader and show him how it goes, and that it was time to go to sleep.

Tucked in and snuggled into his pillow, there was a little boy with eyes squeezed shut, with a happy little smile on his face.

I dare say he dreamed of loaders that night.

_MG_6881

4 comments:

  1. Bless his little engine loving heart ... has he had a ride yet? I have one who is just the same - well two if you count his father ... they have been tinkering in the shed together this afternoon infact ... that's why I have been able to 'chat' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with boys and machinery! That y chromosome has a lot to answer for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon I love this story. These are the conversations I dream off for my boys. But theirs would be football related:) It warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story and the pic of A is adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...